Do You Own a Home in Westchester, NY?
Westchester is one of the most populous counties in New York State. Located directly to the north of New York City, the community is made up of mostly suburban residential areas - in fact, parts of Westchester are nearly as densely populated as the city itself. Westchester has some of the highest property values in the state; between the local historic sites, excellent school districts, beautiful location, and proximity to the city, the area is an incredibly desirable place to live.
If you are lucky enough to own a property in Westchester, it’s important to keep it looking and functioning its best to keep its value. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this is to use high-quality materials when you’re updating your interiors. Durable materials will enhance your home’s function and improve the return on your investment.
Choosing Bathroom Tile for Your Westchester Home
The tile you use in your bathroom depends on your specific bathroom and its layout. When choosing your bathroom tile, proper planning is essential. Before you begin, take a look at your bathroom. What color are you looking for? Are you willing to spend time cleaning your tile or do you like a more low-maintenance tile? Keep some things in mind when choosing bathroom tile:
- Colors: If you’re having trouble settling on a color or color palette that will stand the test of time, consider picking one larger neutral color to install throughout the bathroom. NOt only will it be easier to maintain, it will make the room look bigger.
- Texture: Consider the texture of a tile when choosing it for your bathroom surface. Glass bathroom tile, for example, is beautiful and makes an excellent wall or accent; however, it becomes extremely slippery when wet. Avoid using it on floors, especially in a shower or bathtub.
- Size and Shape: Tile size and shape make a big difference. If you have a large space, for example, larger floor tiles will work. If you have a smaller bathroom, consider placing your tiles in a diagonal pattern to give the illusion of a larger room.
- Grout: When planning your tile, you’ll need to factor in space for your grout. Mosaic tile, for example, will require more grout lines than larger tiles. Consider tinting your grout to match your tile to minimize the grid-like feeling that comes from grout.
- Rule of Three: If you’re using multiple tiles in your bathroom, such as backsplash and flooring, stick to no more than three tiles that share the same color palate. Using too many colors and patterns can become distracting and are difficult to place. You don’t want to be too gaudy.
- Upkeep: If you’re looking for bathroom tile that won’t require much maintenance, think ceramic or porcelain. Tiles made from natural stone are more porous and require more consistent upkeep.
Westchester’s Trusted Tile Store
Lima Ceramic Tile has been providing high-quality tiles to the Westchester area for years. No matter what your vision is, we can provide the tile you need to bring your ideas to life. Tile is an ideal material for kitchens, bathrooms, and other high-traffic areas in your home. It’s strong, attractive, and can handle some moisture without taking damage. We carry marble, ceramic, and porcelain tiles so that you can choose exactly what you want. Reach out to our professionals today to browse our selection!